Author Topic: Basic training  (Read 6446 times)

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
Re: Basic training
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 05:26:11 AM »
DId he qualify as a commando or did he just qualify for selection big difference.

Allighieri

• Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
I'm familiar with the difficulties of selection, and I know it's a pretty damn difficult physical regime, but it's something I want to do.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »
@ darksea dunno
Perfectionist.

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »
 @ Flatking :D

@ Alli     Yeah but most people don't fail because of the physical aspect.

Allighieri

• Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
Psychological, yeah I know. It's about determination and working well under pressure. Which I think I could handle.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
theres 3 things u need to pass, we do the same for our team.

attitude............u need to be able to work as a team and follow the rules, any1 who is and outcast wont work since they rely on their mates to get the job done and well. also when something is uncomfortable or stressful or may feel like its hopeless, some ppl give up way too easy mentally, this cant happen.(i seen a guy do his push ups, stopped at 15 and felt like he couldnt do anymore but still had alot of time to do it left, we told him to just try and if he tried to push up and fell back down.. that shows mental toughness, but he just sat there saying no im done im done cant do anymore, this reflected badly for him as he is a quitter. this guy used to be US recon special forces 11 years earlier....)

fitness.............physical fitness so we can move fast and efficiently without having to have the slowest man benchmark out speed, each person if fit enough removes the problem of ppl needing to do a task when in a hard situation. also battle fitness is a different story... like being able to hold up ur gun when tired and keeping ur mind situationally aware without laggin out, and frosty as so u dont slow to react when shit changes.

knowledge........everything u learn during training must b applied as an average person should, if they are taught something more than once and dont ask questions, u would have to asume that they understand, when u get them to demonstrate these things sometimes ppl just dont get it, this is a fail, some people u just cant teach coz they dont apply themselves when they need to in put into their minds what needs to be done.
Perfectionist.

Allighieri

• Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 01:06:11 PM »
My fencing coach was telling me about some of the stuff one SAS selection had to do as part of their Lucky Dip. It culminated with spending 5 days without food and 3 nights without sleep, carrying a 500kg container for a few km.

And at the very end of selection, after they've dismissed all the guys who got to the end but got cut, the others immmediately get put through a 3 hour PT session.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
Sapper is the "Army's" version of an Engineer, Im not sure just yet, I've spoken to a career counsellor and he suggested light cav scout (Irony much) or Plain light cav.

Either way im not sure, Field coms sounds fun though from what I have read up on.

Allighieri

• Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
Actually, sapper is to engineer corps as private is to infantry corps (i.e. it's the lowest rank).