Author Topic: Nasty's  (Read 4676 times)

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
Nasty's
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
I7 2600K
16gb kingston hyperx T1
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
2x Asus 6970's
Gigabyte (Odin?) 800W PSU

anyway im encountering some pretty heinous difficulties. I thought it was just crysis 2 (the only other game other than PR ive tested this setup on until now) but basically no newish game will run without a fullon freeze with this graphics setup as well.

pulled the cooler off the cpu and checked the pins (which now look fine) about three times
tested different ram
rebuilt the thing about three times
removed the sound card
reinstalled drivers for everything
checked bios for any abnormalities (there are none, the ram checks out fine)

im running out of options as well. tested the fuck out of this thing i swear. probably gonna go into the store tomorrow and ask for any advice on last things i should check before i RMA the motherboard.

i figure it just about has to be the mobo, the only thing thats perculiar about the graphics issue (possibly being a seperate issue) is that it was running okey(ish) with my old 4870x2, but a single 6970 will run a game for about ten minutes before it has a horrible freeze that requires a reboot. crossfired 6970's pretty much crash within a minute.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:49:04 PM by Nasty »

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
Re: saga of pain
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »
Things to try.
1. If you have Catalyst(or any appropriate GFX centre) check the temperatures when you only have you OS running then when you also have a Game running. Check online and you will be able to find the reccommnded temp for the cards.

2. Try not running in crossfire.

3. Temperature to the overall machine try opening up the case putting a FAN on it and then running games. IF it continues to crash its not temp if it doesn't your giong to need to upgrade ur Cooling.

4. PSU....  more fault finding

5. Take it in to the Shop..... :( if your desperate there are some good ones aroudn Perth.

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
haha!

1: of course ive checked temp

2: ive checked each card out individually!

3: its not temp lol, they run at sub 50 degrees idle and under 65 load. my 4870x2 would be fine at 81 load (although that's nearly bad, 90 degrees i think and she'd crash).

4: PSU: i thought i might be low on power, but after some consideration am discounting that theory.
Its also the same psu that was powering my previous system.

5: hehe, im fairly sure its the motherboard. i work next door to austin so ill wander back there and outline what ive checked and ask if i should check anything else before i RMA.

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
im such a grumpy cunt when im stressed about stuff. i hell ask for help and just shoot people down haha.

wanna fight about it?

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:17:27 AM »
IF its MOtherboard there's nothing you can do about it except RMA.
It just read like you had mostly done software faultfinding when it doesn't read like
a software problem. I pretty much just outlined problems i've had before that made games crash.
Since its crashing without (i'm assuming) an error code its unlikely software.

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:59:51 PM »
RMA'd, got home with new mobo (was hell suprised he gave it too me on the spot) AND IT DOES THE SAME FUCKING THING.

a;dnjkasnfdlaksdjnflkasndflkjansdfknadsfknaksdnfakdsfnlkdsjnfjkasdf

problem with the cpu?

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
Btw, vid cards, Nvidia atleast are safe till 100+ cpus are pushing it at 80. to be safe make it cut off a vid card at 90-95 and a cpu at 75-80.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
Gen. George S Patton

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
Nasty's
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
heehe winnar

compy specs as follows

Intel I7 2600K Sandy Bridge @ stock 3.33Ghz with hyperthreading giving 8 execution cores.
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
16gb Kingston Hyperx T1 DDR3-1600
2x ASUS 6970 stock overclocked graphics card. They run cool being three slots tall. 40 degrees cool single. dont get much above 60 in the pair when they're sitting basically on top of each other in the case.
120Gb Corsair Force 3 SATA3 SSD. 550/510MB/s read/write
7.5TB of other storage, mostly SATA3 now.
Logitech G9 Mouse.
Logitech G15 Keyboard (old orange display one)
Primary Display is Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Secondary Display some POS brand 22" 1680x1050
Gigabyte Odin 800W PSU (My stingmaster computerlord housemate cringes with the power useage!)
All in an Aerocool PGS-B XPredator Case (Which I am MOST impressed with for ease of use, far far better than any other case I've ever known and beats Antec to death with duribility).
Peice of shit $10 mic and some mad accurate Sennheiser headphones whose model number escapes me. Replacing parts on them is expensive but I like the quality (yes yes Flat I know where you stand in relation to gaming headsets).

So yeah bitches, beat that :D

Next and final step before full operational status will be CPU cooler and then final overclock on the cpu. Apparently 2600K has gotten over 5Ghz with its 8 execution cores :D :D :D.

Still in bali atm. Can you tell I miss my baby?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:58:07 PM by Nasty »

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
Re: Nasty's
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:12 PM »
if ur in bali.. that means u memorized all that lol, yeah u must miss it.. is ur mic a desktop mic?
Perfectionist.

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
Yeah it sits behind my keyboard on a little boom. Its about 30cm away from my face.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:40 PM »
pretty clear for a desktop, thats a rare thing...
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
Ive never understood overclocking.. Theres nothing that will take advantage of that CPU and you want to overclock it to 5G... All you'll be doing is reducing the life & reliability.. Or are you one of those people that over clock so you can say you have?
"Hail to the king baby!"

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
nah not that hardcore. I did pay extra so that I could do it so 3.8 or 4 would be nice.