Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 4306 times)

BAND+AID

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Private
Please Help!
« on: July 29, 2011, 08:02:09 AM »
Hey guys, as most of you probably already know i've been having trouble with my in game voip in PR/BF2.  It was working and now it does not, but TS does (All at the same time). All aspects of the mic are working outside the game, it's just squad chat/commander chat.  This is where it starts getting interesting.  If i go into the BF2 options - audio and then test the mic with my headset plugged in, No worky worky, but if I unplugged the mic and use the built in mic in my pc, it worky...??????WTF??????  I've even gone to the extent of doing not just an uninstall/reinstall, but have just done a full system restore.  Reinstalled BF2 (but not PR yet) and stil no worky worky!!! IT IS DRIVING ME FUCKING CRAZY!!! Now, I know I will probably have to settle for the built in mic atleast for the moment, providing you guys can handle it? Or better yet, buy a real pc, one that I can actually game on properly, but I just can't afford that at the moment (I am working on the misses for a new one though).  I have come to the realization that this is the BEST and most beneficial solution, but til then PLEASE HELP!  I am open to suggetion, if any of you have any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks Boys!

BAND+AID

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Private
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
I swear it's only cause I posted the last post that it bloody starts working again.  How or why, your guess is as good as mine.  We'll see how long it lasts for, I'm not holding my breath though. :-[

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
lol... i always do the same process every time, check drivers are pointing to the right devices in windows, test it with any outer game program like teamspeak or voice synthesizers or what ever u got, then if its working go into game check drivers in there, test mic in there, if it works then join game and ask for a "radio check", mine aparently hasnt been working on this lap top but it works everywhere else, the solution i found here was that the dick heads i was talking to dont have their mic receive volume maxed out and was just a volume problem, fortunately i have a band of smarter more capable figures in UG that hear and respond properly to my "radio check"

sometimes also voip as a program will fuck up and/or it will fuckup on the server ur playing on, but 90% of the time if it works in game options test then it works everywhere else.

ps. bribe ur wife with ur current pc, and u buy urself another 1 then u both win :D
Perfectionist.

Rec0n

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
Hey Ant,

Just go to the Logitech Shop online and buy a decent head set. The G35s are only $90, but for an extra $29 you can grab the wireless G930s like I got for myself....great sound, perfect with PR (surround + many small, virtual speakers!) and the last for ages on power!

Just do it man, I'm getting sick of not being able to chat to you!! LOL

Rec0n

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »
Where in AUS are you BAND-AID?

I can build you a PC that will play all current games no problem..

Antec 850W TruePower Quattro ATX & EPS 12V Power Supply, Modular Cable   $182.00
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M  $59.00
Corsair CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 6GB (3x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMSP DDR   $76.00
Antec One Hundred Gaming Case- Black NO PSU  $66.00
Asus EAH6870 PCI-E 2.1 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI D-Sub DP DX11 Fan   $216.00
Asus P8H67V3 H67 4DDR3 5PH 1333 RAID GLAN PCIE16 SA3 ATX STEP3   $158.00
Intel Core i3 2100 3.10Ghz 3MB Cache LGA1155 CPU   $116.00
Samsung B2240W 22 Wide 5ms 16:10 HEIGHT/SWIVEL/TILT Black  $140.00
Total $1013.00
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:03:12 AM by SCORP »
"Hail to the king baby!"

BAND+AID

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Private
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys.  Flat, that's the plan!!!  Thanks for the offer scorpy, I will definately keep it in mind, but I may have to go through a mate of mine.  Old mate of about 15 years, I might lose a friendship over that one.  But if he can't come to the plate with the right price, then I will be in touch with you.  That price seems rather quite reasonable.  And to answer your question, i'm about 100km out of Melbourne.  It wouldn't be for a few months now at the moment.  Just right tight on cash flow.  But again, thanks, i appreciate the offer and I'll let you know how I go.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:28:05 PM »
rule of thumb is retail shops(the bigger the worst like harvy norman) need to factor advertizing, sales commission, competing markup/down and hidden warrentees, when u find a small pc shop run by the the technitians, or order ur shit ull find its 2/3rds the price at the least, so the put it together urself part can save u $700-$2000 in labour and warentees. but u probably already know that. plus buying the cheap packages is fucken bullshit coz u always get useless shit u dont need and stuff that isnt the most popular just the cheapest and quickest to reproduce to replace that package NEVER GET A PACKAGE DEAL
i dont think iv ever got a pc for over $1000 and i always buy from a small pc shop and make them put the cpu onto the mobo coz if i fucked that up at home then i pay big bucks coz cpu so expensive, if they do it then its under store warentee without me paying for it. everything else is idiot proof and saves u shitloads
Perfectionist.

panda_virus

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »
yeah fucking hell i bought a new dell hoping i could still play certain games at high graphics when really i still have to play on low... like bad company 2 i can run in high but it still lags like the tinniest bit but when its on low its smooth as. And GTA4 i have to play that on low same with fucking ARMA2.... $1700 it was.. so next time i get a comp ill get you SCORPY to build one for me or something like that lol

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
p.s. dell is a fucken dumb choice, they have NEVER EVER made a good product, every1 always gets sucked in by them when their sHIIITTTTT
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Dell are good for office & work shit thats it. Running Office & general shit but Games NO!

Anyway Im happy to build anyone a Gaming PC at no labour costs.

I just built 3 streaming servers for a mate who does internet radio.. They were built with similar specs as above apart from the video card & case & all had 64bit win7 genuine $1600 for the lot.
"Hail to the king baby!"

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
Yeah you can check under the PC stats forum bit, for mine, it cost under 1500$ about a year ago and is still pretty decent if not top of the line (made it myself, buying parts from computer fairs.)

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
Gen. George S Patton

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »
Just join the navy and blow money on your PC.

BAND+AID

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Private
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
LMOA man. Nice, fucken not getting much work atm, so you never know, you just may turn the corner tomorrow to find me scrubbing the deck mate.  Had no internet at all yesterday (something stuffed up at the transfer station, everything looked to work fine but extremely limited connection), so it was just one more little thing that has gone wrong lately with the pc as far as my misses is concerned.  I think, as long as we can get a bit more steedy cash flow coming in, then she's on board with me getting a new pc.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
transfer station

What you doing at the dump getting internet??

You mean the exchange rite!
"Hail to the king baby!"

BAND+AID

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Private
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 12:54:44 PM »
Lol!