Author Topic: ArmA 2: PR BETA now available  (Read 6674 times)

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
ArmA 2: PR BETA now available
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:45:21 AM »
they released the arma pr as u all probably know, just wondering what ur thoughts are.
i have how clumbsy it is, guns are too fast to recover between shots but shoot realistically i rekon especially after running, i hate how changing weapons or going prone ur guy stops to do it, cant dive to prone i dont think, realllllly hard just to see people i cant navigate sound or anything on there, i just follow panda and he sees em all with his wall hacks so :p
if they could change how the select fire weapon selection and movement made it much much much easier just any other game have it, it would greeaatttly improve the game, at the moment i find it frustrating as, but still has more potential than bf2 of course, and this is very early in its stage so i hope they can make it easier to use, i can move around better irl than in that game..
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
Re: ArmA 2: PR BETA now available
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »
Well after downloading the ArmA 2 update to 1.59 installing then downloading the PR mod Beta intalling. I then find out I have to go buy some Combined Forces expansion.. FFS Ive allready purchaed ArmA II $79 Then they say you need Op Arrow Head another $60 now I have to go buy yet another expansion pack.. F*&K ME!

After that I turned off my PC in anger went & watched a movie. >:(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:00:21 AM by SCORP »
"Hail to the king baby!"

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
Aight fuck that, i'll wait for a full release of Arma PR if you need combined ops lol, only got arrowhead atm.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:04:52 PM by Soulrogue »

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
Gen. George S Patton

Sammy

• Administrator

• =]UG[=Admin

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
    • Jassinlive
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
please tell me that's a joke? fuck sake these dev's need to get their shit together. was so pissed off when i found out after buying arma 2 that i needed OA..now some other bs expansion? what do these expansions have apart from more weapons, vehicles, assets, locations etc? if it is 1337 engine upgrades then couldn't there be a software update?

seriously wtf

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »
oK  Ive had to reinstall them all & it becomes combined OPS..

"Hail to the king baby!"

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
lol yeah did u install OA 1st or something b4
Perfectionist.

panda_virus

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Fucking love the game! You just have to get used to it... Teamwork kinda goes out of the window though.. Was playing the other night and I kept dying from a sniper and HAT that were just spawn camping our FOB. And numerous times I told my team mates to flank with me and kill these MOFO's, but they just did there own shit. Until finally someone (FlatkinG) got on and we managed to kill them all up on the hill.. Was sooo good. Got up close shot the sniper and his friend in the head.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
I cant get the hang of it.. I think it'll take hours just to configure the controls just to get it playable..
"Hail to the king baby!"

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 11:48:06 PM »
i just find it stressful lol hard to get used to, hard to stay patient over such massive distances with no close cover etc, also if u have cover like in a town or something theres soo much detail that u cant even see properly, pandas lucky he has graphics on low..
Perfectionist.

Sammy

• Administrator

• =]UG[=Admin

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
    • Jassinlive
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »
how does it run? a lot smoother then arma 2? i know i had awesome specifications and could rarely run arma ii 60fps + contstantly.. so have they tweaked the engine that allows this?

cheers

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 03:41:14 AM »
runs the same i think, but im getting real sick of it, totally unrealistic gameplay, cant move ur fucking character if u do anything at all, last night i tried to throw a gren and run but it just throws it like 1 km away then another at my feet then moves his arms around in a flail but was unable to move my legs so i just blew up on it... i came back again and sum1 was sprinting through bushes and i shot him dead, turns out hes not dead and he immediately does a 180 and noob tubed me through a bush... now is it just me or does this game suck balls
at this point im starting to think i might delete it..
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
Yeah its still very lagy.. I was shooting at a guy running across a hill top but he was like teliporting in 5m intervils. I think it need work but thats what beta testing is about i guess.

Real thing for me is getting the controls somewhat usable. it took me about 1 hour just to get them so I could move & change weapons.. But still getting in & out of a vehicle is way too clunky.. Having to run up get into a menu then select what you want then get in... same shit getting out.. its crap. Why cant you just have a enter exit key assignment.. I know it cant be 'E' but what about 'C' Oh thats right thats the 'stand' button.. FFS toooooooooo many keys to do the same thing bf2 had done for years.
"Hail to the king baby!"

Sammy

• Administrator

• =]UG[=Admin

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
    • Jassinlive
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »
are serious? i thought that was going to be one of the main differences between pr:arma and arma  2 with better implementation of controls.. it is only just beta so you should really post your concerns on the realitymod forum so the devs can get every bit of feedback possible.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »
u kidding? controls are a nightmare man, every game iv ever played i always specify a very specific key to specific weapons so ill never fuck up when i need it out, arma wont let me do that, i have to scroll through my gun mode, grenades, smoke grenade tracer rounds, standard rounds or anti tank launcher just to select full auto.. how fucken stupid when u need it fast, irl u flick ur thumb and ur done not pull out several grenades etc.. and then if u want pistol u have to like pull out ur anti tank then switch it to pistol with a different key or some shit, cant just go straight between rifle and pistol like normal games so u get all fucken confused when u throw a nade and need a pistol or back to rifle etc, i just want 1 key = rifle, 2nd key = pistol, 3rd key = frag, 4th key = smoke etc. is that such a fucken bad idea? and if u guys know a way to get ur pr menu key or what ever so u dont have a join squad screen come up at the same time tell me.. i cant revive ppl without constant menu canceling i have to press that key like 6 times while reviving and when trying to do it in a battle its retarded
Perfectionist.

panda_virus

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Lance Corporal
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
LOL LOL LOL.... guys.... Its fucking an awesome game.. lol Nah I know what you guys mean. At first I was just like WTF? How do you shoot? What is this what is that? But I just kept playing and learnt shit. Just gotta keep playing it guys. TRUST its fucking awesome! But change your controls to BF2:PR and it is soo much better. CTRL is crouch SHIFT is Stand Up as well as Sprint. Z Prone. Caps Lock Map, B push to talk and thats all for me. Its soo much better than the default. It takes times to read the map and shit, and know who is who, but once you know all of it and your in a squad. Its fucking mad. Last night BKT and I snuck up on a tank and blew it up and did some pretty awesome shit. Intense firefights close and far with the squad. (close I mean like I could see their nose hair lol)