Author Topic: I want one of these.  (Read 5138 times)

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
I want one of these.
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
http://youtu.be/eg8Bh5iI2WY

Imagine PR in this.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
Re: I want one of these.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
Wow I wonder what it would cost. That's insane
"Hail to the king baby!"

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
i actually didn't think it would work well, like glitchy/shit in some other way (like the first time their calibration fucked up) but by the end i was pretty impressed lol. i want one.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
Gen. George S Patton

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
Would take some time to sort out but yeah would be amazing =D

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »
1. well my qustions would be this, if it fucked up and ur under fire, how do u escape if the floor returns u to the middle lol... ud always need a supervisor

2. wouldnt anything take damage from the paintball guns such as the tent itself, the gadgets on the gun ur holding or the other paintball tracking cameras around the room(even tho u could point them so they miss thos) but surely the tent would get owned by flying paintballs, they probably should use reballs(rubber training paintballs) but ud have to pick em up and they might get stuck in the rollers as would paint but not as bad

3. having a 360 permenant vield of view but the gun would depict the direction of your rifle only would be FAR better! as u can scan with ur head while ur gun is posted or a location just like aiming a door while checking ur teammates locations
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:58 AM »
3. having a 360 permenant vield of view but the gun would depict the direction of your rifle only would be FAR better! as u can scan with ur head while ur gun is posted or a location just like aiming a door while checking ur teammates locations

ARMA II would work well with that as you can free look with alt key.. I might have to hook up my projector & have a look at what its like.. Dont think it'll do enough resolution though..
"Hail to the king baby!"

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
im not sure if u get what i mean, ud have to hack the camera in game to be unidirectional, then have all projectors playing the 360 at the same time, u wouldnt need to have the player seperate his head movements from the body, all ud have to do is in real time turn ur head and physically look
Perfectionist.

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
Yeah i think you're right about the rubber training balls, i never actually saw any impacts or anything >.< unless they just bullshited that part lol

Gen. George S Patton

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
i watched it again and i heard them mention its rubber balls, so that makes more sense, the guy at tippmann seemed to know what he was doing
Perfectionist.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
The way this would work better, especially if used as a training tool.

Sensors attached to a helmet would adjust the camera point of view in the game world, Changing the view of well where the person is looking.

The possibilities of this are insane just the costs out weight a lot of it sadly. =|

Would be a good officer training tool especially if they can give out orders and what not.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 02:29:56 AM »
well if the resolution couldnt be changed, or not able to have any other type of camera, the helmet IR tracker could work just as well i guess, so long as if u press shoot even on a blank screen would still register on that location, alot of the time when im leading during a contact irl ill just be spamming ammo down range while looking at my team mates and not what im shooting at, better than not shooting anything.. but also controlling the team so they can stay alive
Perfectionist.

Sammy

• Administrator

• =]UG[=Admin

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
    • Jassinlive
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »
amazing. that bald dude was a bit of a douche and wouldn't know a mil-sim if it hit him in the face.. butcould you imagine pr on that thing? fuck me it would be amazing

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
Think of it this way, if its a IR gun and they have sensors whats to stop that from happening?

This is something that has ALOT of possibilities.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
pr on that would kill us, so much infantry work on the ground lol.. would look like nigerian sprinters in a couple weeks, also how the fuck do u lay down...if u tried to ud probably jam ur fingers in the rollers or have ur clothes get stuck in it or something... let alone the extreme uncomfort with laying belly down elbows dug in etc, if i had that thing id DEF have my good ol paintball kneepad on to stop getting knee bashed on the ground that isnt stable
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:55:34 PM by FlatkinG »
Perfectionist.

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 02:53:59 AM »
For the same cash, you could fly all the people playing PR to some place in the bush, give them all paintballs guns, and fuck shit up.

Gen. George S Patton