Author Topic: for brisbane  (Read 5734 times)

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
Re: for brisbane
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:40:43 PM »
Soul, you would have had your mandatory polio etc vaccines in primary school tho?

Just saying, if you're crazy enough to think that what medical science thinks is inconsequential volume of fluoride is harmful, perhaps you're also subscibing to the vaccine conspiracy theories, in which case ive got some lovely horror stories for you!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:43:05 PM by Nasty »

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 05:41:06 AM »
even tho not related, i don't believe in most vaccines. eg. swine flu is proven to be total lies. what i don't like about the vaccine is most of them contain mercury and that i shouldn't have to explain how good for you that is. its not about conspiracy's or theories, which the two words together gets overused as a dismiss.
if things didn't break they wouldnt need fixing, but theres no money to be made in that, so long as there is capital to be gained on something there will forever be some1 that will eventually fill the slot even if it means they dont give a fuck about ur health or your possessions etc. look at politicians for example, they lie to get into office then give themselves pay rises, then the media makes shit up and distorts things to get ratings which is a well known fact, i dont know how ppl hear something that a politician says and just believe them. its like when ur little and u nicked some chocolate out the fridge or something, u blame it on ur sister then tell ur mate whos with u to say the same thing and give him a bit of chocolate. ur sister gets in trouble and u dont feel guilty.
Perfectionist.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
Never had a sister. Like chocolate though. ;)
"Hail to the king baby!"

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
Mostly no mercury containing shit in there anymore, and even when it was they removed it in 2001 as a precaution, which had the effect of paranoid mothers of autistic kids deciding amongst themselves (and leaving the science out of it) that it was the cause of their kids autism and a sign of gubbments culpability.

"The thiomersal controversy describes claims that vaccines containing the mercury-based preservative thiomersal contribute to the development of autism and other brain development disorders.[1] The current scientific consensus is that no convincing scientific evidence supports these claims,[2][3] and a 2011 journal article described the vaccine-autism connection as "the most damaging medical hoax of the last 100 years"."
-Lifted straight off wiki

This one was on my mates facebook today:

ie, correlation does NOT equal causation.

Chlorine and Sodium are both extremely toxic elements to life, however combined they present something essential for most life (table salt). So yeah, opened ended point about mercury is kinda moot.

How about chem trails?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:56:42 PM by Nasty »

Soulrogue

• Global Moderator

• =]UG[= Mod

• Personal Text
    Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
I've never had any kind of vaccination or immunization, though that was by my mothers choice not mine, i however have not gone to the effort to get them and i doubt i will.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
Gen. George S Patton

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
yeah i hate needles and never got any boosters and i avoid getting them whenever i go overseas (i probably would only if i was spending a fair amount of time in the third world away from medical aid).

However, you should get it for your infants, there is no excuse, and you will look like a terrible fuckhead when they die (or better yet, become crippled for life).

Nasty

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »
even tho not related, i don't believe in most vaccines. eg. swine flu is proven to be total lies. what i don't like about the vaccine is most of them contain mercury and that i shouldn't have to explain how good for you that is. its not about conspiracy's or theories, which the two words together gets overused as a dismiss.
if things didn't break they wouldnt need fixing, but theres no money to be made in that, so long as there is capital to be gained on something there will forever be some1 that will eventually fill the slot even if it means they dont give a fuck about ur health or your possessions etc. look at politicians for example, they lie to get into office then give themselves pay rises, then the media makes shit up and distorts things to get ratings which is a well known fact, i dont know how ppl hear something that a politician says and just believe them. its like when ur little and u nicked some chocolate out the fridge or something, u blame it on ur sister then tell ur mate whos with u to say the same thing and give him a bit of chocolate. ur sister gets in trouble and u dont feel guilty.

Oh god, part of me wants to WALL OF TEXT.

Let me just simply say that life isn't quite so simple as that Flat. Yes capitalism is exploitative, and yes as far as the food that you consume goes, while safeguards are technically in place, they are pretty general and strictly speaking no, nobody reeeally gives a fuck what you put into your body, so long as its within 'safe' limits.

As for possessions, you're no doubt referring to the cheapening and reduction in lifespan of most household goods you buy (compared to say, a fridge from the 50's-70's that would last you 30 odd years). Yes, it does seem a little inefficient, but far from being a conspiracy or some form of overt price fixing on behalf of all manufacturers you must understand that they all have to survive in the same marketplace, so over time, if one particular company manages to make such a massive lead on all others by following such tactics, by law of economic darwinism, everyone else is forced to adopt a similar approach or risk drastically reduced market share and obscurity.

Politicians lie, sure, but they do so at the risk of their political credibility. Look at Labours chances of getting re elected into Federal Parliament next term, what with the Coalition having had years now to crow on about Gilllards backflip on mining/carbon taxes. Do what you want and ignore your stated goals too much you risk galvanising people against your party.

The media love to harp on about politicians pay rates, but I dont really see that as a big deal. They are effectively in upper management, except their private lives are now pretty much in the public domain and aren't private. Their pay isn't even really all that much compared to what someone with far lesser responsibility would earn in the private sector (for the most part, im sure some of them wouldn't survive in the corporate world).

As for the media, sure, its sensationalist, but same for politicians, become too obvious with any particular bias or agenda and they alienate their reader base and go bankrupt.

Cant speak for tv, haven't watched it in years :D

Anyway, my point is Flat, life isn't that simple, there is accountability in place for all of the things you mentioned, and as far as flouride and health concerns go, there is due scientific process (which is pretty fucking epic i must point out, you cannot underestimate what it takes to get a peer reviewed paper published, or even get to the stage in your education where you can consider doing research etc.) that shouldn't simply be ignored because some doctor has left the reservation and now sells sugar water under the disclaimer that you should seek proper medical advice before using it, loosely says that flouride is bad.

Simply put, if the general scientific consensus says something, dont fucking ignore it. They aren't out to make money off you (people are paying them to be impartial anyway), or advance any particular agenda. They (shouldn't at least) be doing it out of any particular personal bias and if they are, the rest of the community will crucify them.

Darksealicous

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
Except when your doctor tell you to smoke more because its healthy, that you should probably ignore... although that was the 1950s.