Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 5634 times)

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
Star Citizen
« on: May 10, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
been watching a lot of videos about this lately.
im a little confused about how its being released and how money works with the pledging etc. any1 clarify?

i have seen them say that u can earn anything in game without spending money.
they have said it might be over 100GB and runs on cry 3 engine open world mmo and other optional server modes, so they can send u a pen drive with it on it. there seems to be a mmo version and a single player missions version, not sure if u can just get both or changes the size of the game etc.
the ship commercials are fucking awesome(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGcvxaoOrJs), and how they are skirting big companies to reduce costs etc, so not on steam etc. they dont want to be creatively controlled by suits etc. and they want to have weekly to 2weekly additions and not yearly like EA and Activision etc. whom they consider the evil companies. so its good i think that they recognize shit game production built for money and not for quality content. they test a lot for feedback and will spend money on fixes and changes as well.
anyways any word from u guys?
Perfectionist.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
mmmm i think im gonna get it ay, im being drawn to it.
Perfectionist.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
Hold off until it's launch.
It's still in open alpha and not very much is available.
I know one of the devs so I got the fighter package for 20$ rather then 75$
Basically it's good, But there's not much available yet.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 11:52:09 PM »
yeah, iv been watching the videos of others playing it for about 3 days. i don't want to go on there by myself. and i probably wont wait until release coz they will be too long i think. i can accept the bugs. what ship did u get?
Perfectionist.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
Viper Phantom.
Was only available for people who backed it.

Might buy a freight hauler and look to go legit, Better money if you can set up an organization.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »
dont know what that ship is :/ not in the list that i can tell. but yeah its still in alpha, but they have changed a lot of the benifits that go with shit, so u might have just made it to the lifetime warrentee for ur ship. they stopped doing that for backers now. anyways i had to go with Aurora MR, pos to be honest but it came with 1000UEC, a hanger, both single and multi, 3 months warrantee on my ghetto ship. so its an ok starting point i guess, i mainly just wanted both single and multi. the only other choice i had was to get a mustang alpha instead, or pay a fuckload for a fuckless.

yeah i wanted to try go the direction of legit cargo or cargo escourt, kinda like a fuck pirates thing, as well as a fuck trolls direction.

whats got me keen tho is seeing the concept ideas for the retalliator base ship. they have heaps of mods to put in the cargo bay, one of which is a 16 soldier drop pod transport thing, just like starship troopers. im helllll keen to get that in my hangar and then perhaps try get players to load it up(as well as its 5 turrets and engineer bay) and chuck them into fights. but ill have to wait till its released as they are working on it now.
Perfectionist.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
so after playing it, its a fucken sick game so far really.. its defs not without its glitches but still when u compare it to the glitches in space engineers its probably the same as far as quantity goes, the difference is that the platform is far superior. the training mission i done is sick, u can really see how one could become a "great" pilot compared to those who just play it bf2 style. theres so many little tricks and techniques to piloting. coz u got 3 speed modes and each use different methods of using different thrusters. so u can go full piss then smash on ur taxi thrusters to do a spin in the air then full power ur main thrusters to power out in the new direction, then ur guy wants to black out from the g-forces so a system comes online to reduce the speed or curve to a safe limitation so u dont black out, u can turn that off and gamble with ur life tho. if u black out in asteroids or a dog fight ud be super fucked.
come play with us scorpy? :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:48:09 PM by FlatkinG »
Perfectionist.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 06:34:31 PM »
joined an organisation called battlestar citizen, apparently they cruise around in a fleet of about 125 people looking for all the atrifacts and shit pretending they are battlestar galactica lol
Perfectionist.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »
if anyone does get this game, u put this code in the referal code box during making an account and u get 5000 UEC ingame money, i dont think u can put it in afterwards.

STAR-64JW-SWBN

... oh and scorp check out his big ol cunt. nowhere near the biggest but fuck is it nice on the inside. i lost all sense of direction watching this vid, would have loved to be able build this shit on space engineers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPwZkd9iOeU
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:34:28 AM by FlatkinG »
Perfectionist.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »
Heard back from my mate, Can't get the cheaper codes yet, But somethings coming soon regarding packages.

Will just pick up one of the cheaper packages for the time being.
Thinking either the cutlass or the Freelancer.

FlatkinG

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Colonel
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 01:47:52 AM »
yeah u get credit back ur shit anyway so if a better combo package comes out i can just swap it
Perfectionist.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »
Will be on again tonight, Last night was fucked. GF's grand parents are coming back to Aus from an extended holiday and basically been helping to get that sorted.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
Had to bail last night due to a work call out sorry man, Am on all night tonight if you're keen to fuck around.

CanHasCoW

• Full Clan Member

• Personal Text
    Corporal
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 10:38:48 PM »
Just had the best dog fight at yalla against two cutlesses. Apparently they aren't used to people who can fly properly. Called me a hacker and shit.

SCORP

• Administrator

• =]UG[= Admin

• Personal Text
    Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
Just watched Frankyon1080p..

Looks fairly playable I might get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCFb_cS2gY
"Hail to the king baby!"